BubbleLife Blogs - https://blogs.bubblelife.com
10 Things I Want in a Teammate (or 10 Things My Teammates Want of Me)
When players join a team, they often get instructions from a coach about what is expected of them, but, players rarely get a similar set of instructions from their teammates. However, learning what is expected from teammates can be a fairly simple process. All players need to do is list what they want from their teammates and then work to give those things first. Here is a common wish list for teammates:
- Talks to me - Someone who is in a good mood and goes out of the way to say hello and talk to me.
- Helps me - Someone who practices and learns about the game and then helps me learn too.
- Gives me a chance - Someone who shares the play with me by passing.
- Encourages me - Someone who always tells me to keep trying when something I do isn't working out.
- Congratulates me - Someone who is the first person to congratulate me when I do something right.
- Sticks up for me - Someone who I can count on when I'm challenged by someone on the other team.
- Shows confidence - Someone who is positive about our abilities to win contests.
- Never quits - Someone who always plays hard no matter the score.
- Never pouts - Someone who is always upbeat even if something doesn't go the right way.
- Never boasts - Someone who thanks other players for their help after making a score.
Being a good teammate takes work and thought. Players who make the effort will see the reward long past their time on the team.
Thursday, 25 September 2003